Monday, May 31, 2010

Posterous Supports Markdown

I Just Discovered Markdown

Now that I know about it. I’ll use markdown to format blog posts here and hopefully eliminate the odd formatting that has been present in prior posts.

What is Markdown

“Markdown” is two things: (1) a plain text formatting syntax; and (2) a software tool, written in Perl, that converts the plain text formatting to HTML.

  • I take car of part (1), writing text with formatting syntax added.

  • Posterous takes care of part (2), converting what I write into HTML to create a new blog post formatted how I want it to look.

More Info

See Posterous' page on Markdown.

Or Check out the Official Markdown project at Daring Fireball.

Posted via email from Glodime @ Posterous

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Glodime Thought Nuggets authored by Eric Morey is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.